KERALA CBSE SCHOOL MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION was established in the year 1996 with a view to provide a common platform for all the schools in Kerala affiliated to the Central Board Secondary Education New Delhi, to address the various issues of mutual interest and to readdress the grievances faced by them. The association was registered under the Travancore – Cochin Literary Scientific and Charitable Societies Registration Act of 1955.
In view of the many obstacles and difficulties faced by the CBSE Schools of Kerala, it was felt that a strong association of the CBSE schools in Kerala was the need of the hour.
The meeting held on 20th January 1996, elected the following Executive Committee who are desire of forming the aforesaid Society to the registered under Act XII of 1955.
- R. Vasudevan Pillai Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan,Kochi President
- E. Govindan Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan,Kochi Working President
- C.V Paul Navniram Public School, Vazakalla General Secretary
- T.M Mathew Mar Thoma Public School, Kakkanad Treasurer
- Asokan Kavungal Indira Gandhi Memorial Public School, Elamakkara Organizing Secretary
- Dr.K.Varghese Toc--H Public School, Vytilla Vice President
- Mrs. Agatha Thomas Cochin Refineries School, Ambalamughal Member Executive Committee
- K.V Thomas Campion School, Elamakkara Member Executive Committee
- To work for the improvement in functioning of the schools with special reference to imparting quality education based on moral values, better management and promotion of science, literature and fine arts among the CBSE Schools.
- To organize School Youth Festivals, conduct cultural programmes, leadership training, personality development, sports, games and other co-curricular and extracurricular activities for the total development of the students.
- To ensure co operation and strengthen the unity among all the CBSE Schools in Kerala.
The association has been able to prove its meaningful and fruitful existence by harnessing the combined and focused efforts of its members for the common benefit.
- In order to counter the discrimination shown to the students of CBSE schools in Kerala, by denying them the opportunity to participate in the Kerala State Youth Festivals, and to provide an appropriate opportunity to exhibit their talents the Association is conducting Regional and State festivals meticulously for the past 13 years.
- The association, in collaboration with the Indira Gandhi National Open University New Delhi, have launched various courses namely Post Graduate Diploma in School Leadership and Management (PGDSLM) for imparting a systematic training for senior teachers in school administration.
- The association could effectively counter the various problems created by governmental authorities and safeguard the interest of CBSE schools by initiating appropriate and timely legal action.
- The association could foster cordial relationship amongst the CBSE / ICSE Schools by establishing “Kerala Federation of CBSE / ICSE SCHOOLS”.
- The association will endeavor to prevent the frequent disruptions to schooling by the ever increasing “hartals” and “bundhs”.
- The workshops and seminars organized by the association enables the school managers to improve the administrative and academic performance.